Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E
- You name the price you want to pay for a product.
- If the retailer likes your offer, you get that price for the product.
- Guaranteed Brand New Products
- All Products Sold by Manufacturer Authorized Retailers
- 30 Day Return Policy
No Additional Fees
|Focal Length||17 to 28mm|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||103° 41' to 75° 23'|
|Maximum Magnification||0.1923 to 0.1666x|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:5.2|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.48" / 19 cm|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.87 x 3.90" / 73 x 99 mm|
|Weight||14.82 oz / 420 g|
The 17-28mm f2.8 Di III RXD is Tamron's second native lens designed specifically for Sony's full-frame mirrorless E-mount bodies. From my tests Tamron's 17-28mm seems to follow in the footsteps of their 28-75mm f2.8 Di III RXD standard zoom: it offers a constant f2.8 focal ratio, is sharp to very...
Constant f2.8 focal ratio., Small and light., Extensive weather sealing., Mostly very good image quality at longer distances., Very good black levels in contra-light situations., Very usable close-up performance., Less than half the price of Sony’s 16-35mm f2.8 GM., Reliable AF operation.
Not so sharp at closer distances outside the APS-C image circle., Very short working distance for close-up shooting., 1.6x zoom range is pretty limited and reaches only 28mm focal length, not 35mm., Nervous background Bokeh.
I rarely suggest buying a specific camera brand so that a lens from a different manufacturer can be used but this is a scenario where that could make sense. I could justify selecting a Sony camera so that the Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens could be used. This lens is an excellent value.
Cheap at half the price, the Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD ultra-wide zoom with a wide f/2.8 constant aperture goes up against the likes of Sony’s G Master 16-35mm. It’s smaller, more lightweight, and beautifully balanced on an A7 or A9 camera body.
• Superb optical performance, • Fast and constant f/2.8 aperture, • Good weather-sealed build quality
• No optical stabilizer, • Narrower maximum viewing angle than a 16-35mm, • Less overall zoom range than a 16-35mm
I bought this Lens from the Maroochydore store to be the wide end of my new Alpha 7 Mk3 . It has turned out to be a fine choice . I chose this lens over the more expensive 16mm -35mm Sony lens . It's constant 2.8 aperture and internal focusing being quite attractive .
Easy to use
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Constant f/2.8 Maximum Aperture
- RXD Stepping AF Motor
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 7.5"
Average Expert Score
Average User Score
- Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E
- SP Front Lens Cap (67mm) fcqerwvwxdcbetwdtre
- Rear Lens Cap
- Limited 6-Year Warranty