- All Products are New and from Certified Retailers
- 30 day return policy
- Free Shipping
No Additional Fees
It doesn't take a crystal ball to predict lots of these will be in circulation very soon. At the price, my cons should probably be presented in a smaller font to better reflect their significance.
Small, cheap, desirable battery-powered analogues., Beats: Great mix of sounds, especially the kick and hi-hats. Innovative Stutter effect is welcome, as is the very performance-oriented sequencer., Keys: Extensive motion control. Useful pseudo-polyphony and ring modulation.
Is 'playing it a bit safe' a con?, Beats: No accent or response to dynamics., Keys: 'Zero start' envelopes. Deserves a better delay. No step-time recording., Bass: No accent or motion control.
Korg's Volca range previewed at MusikMesse showing once again that Korg really mean business when it comes to new analogue. Roland must surely be concerned, especially as the model on review here, the Volca Beats, is obviously inspired by it's classic 808 machine. Let's see how worried it should be!
A diddy drum machine with a huge sound, the Volca Beats is an instant techno classic
Analogue sounds, Very low price, Portable, Realtime knob tweaking
No separate outputs, No MIDI Out/Thru, Power supply not included
This set of videos, via freetacorrective , captures a review of the new Korg Volca Beats analog drum machine. The Korg Volca Beats has a street price of about $150. Check out the review and then let us know what you think of the Volca Beats analog drum machine!
Really great bit of kit and a must have if you've got any other the other Volcas. Endless hours of fun.
Fun in a little box! A real analog drum for a small price. The only thing missing is an audio input, so we chain others volca.
Portable, price, Small Size
No audio input
Intuitive and portable. Works well in live applications as well as in the studio. Being able to access and manipulate multiple parameters at the same time (mute control of instrument parts, fx, and part pitch / speed) makes it handy for live performance.
Compact, Intuitive, Sounds good
no rca out
- Powerful analog drum sounds
- Real analog sounds created with reference to classic rhythm machines
- Six editable analogue parts with one knob per function for easy editing
- Maximum effect from minimal parameters - a unique advantage of analog
- PCM sound engine expands possibilities when used with analog sounds
- Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series
- Electribe-style 16-step sequencer with eight memory patches
- Stutter function generates repeated triggers that dramatically change the sequence
- Active Step function generates new bass lines by removing or inserting steps.
- Step Jump function instantly plays only the step you're pressing
- Convenient functions for incredible ease of use
- Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series as well as Korg's Monotribe
- MIDI In for note entry, plus external sync and control from your DAW