Audio-Technica ATH-M70x Pro Monitor Headphones
- You name the price you want to pay for a product.
- If the retailer likes your offer, you get that price for the product.
- Guaranteed Brand New Products
- All Products Sold by Manufacturer Authorized Retailers
- 30 Day Return Policy
No Additional Fees
|Driver Diameter||45 mm|
|Voice Coil||CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)|
|Frequency Response||5 to 40,000 Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||2,000 mW at 1 kHz|
|Cable||1x detachable 3.9 to 9.8' (1.2 to 3.0 m) coiled cable
1x detachable 9.8' (3.0 m) straight cable
1x 3.9' (1.2 m) straight cable
|Weight||280 g (9.9 oz without cable and connector)|
|Package Weight||2.8 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||13.307 x 11.024 x 6.929"|
This is a great pair of headphones and a no brainer for pros and serious enthusiasts, but the price may be too much for casual music lovers.
Sound quality is superb, Great for monitoring and critical listening
Much pricier than the ATH-M50x
Sound Guys is our sister site, dedicated to all things audio. Once in a while, we’ll be sharing the coolest products they review here. In the early days of Sound Guys (okay, it was like a year ago) we reviewed the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x and, like everyone else, thought that they were a fantastic...
Closed-Back Studio Headphones
There’s no question that there are plenty of quality headphones that cost less than the ATM-M70x ($299), including the company’s own M50x. That said, there’s also no question that Audio-Technica went the extra mile in designing the M70x to make it a true reference-monitoring headphone.
Wide, flat frequency response, Excellent build quality, 3 different cables included, Locking cable connector prevents accidental disconnection, Sturdy carrying case included
What could possibly be better than MusicTech’s headphones of 2014? Maybe their new big brother? Andy Jones gets AT it
I've been using audio-technica products for the past 8 years since I was 16. The M70s are the latest edition to the family since owning M50s. I must say they are way more accurate in every way and perfect mixing audio which I've been doing professionally for the past 3 years.
The sound quality of these headphones is stellar; I'll say that right up front. I don't know about "Coolness Factor", as no one's ever going to look at them except me.The one thing I find off-putting, though, is the cord. These headphones come with 3 cords, and that's just fine.
- Great sound- Easy to wear- 3 cords to choose from
- Inability to transport headphones with a cord attached- Proprietary cord attachment system- High price
So this is my review of the Audio Technica ATH-M70x I have had these for a week now so I have started to get a feel for them after using them for about 8hours each day.
- Solid build, storage case, neutral analytical sound, removable cables
- Definetly a lack of bass
headphones are nice. they have good sound quality. professional look and build.
I've had these for a little over a year. Sound is moderately flat and accurate. Highs can be fatiguing but it depends on how hard you drive them.These are definitely good for music enjoyment and pretty great for mixing/video post production. To the point of me relying on them heavily.
I cannot describe these headphones other than revealing. They are not bass or midrange heavy. So, why buy these headphones if ($) Panasonic RP-HTF600-S headphones have more bass and mids? DETAILS.
For the past few years, I've been using a pair of cans that my friend handed down to me. The JVC HA-RX700 headphones. I use reference tracks a lot when mixing and mastering, so I'd gotten quite used to the sound even though the frequency response wasn't as close to natural and flat like I'd been...
- 45mm Neodymium Drivers
- Closed-Back Circumaural Design
- 90 Degree Swiveling Ear Cups
- One-Ear Monitoring
- Professional Grade Earpads and Headband
- Suitable for Studio Mixing and Tracking
- Extended 5 to 40,000 Hz Response
- Contours To Ears for Sound Isolation
- Collapsible for Space-Saving Portability
- Includes Three Detachable Cables
Average Expert Score
Average User Score
- Audio-Technica ATH-M70x Pro Monitor Headphones
- Detachable 3.9 to 9.8' (1.2 to 3.0 m) Coiled Cable
- Detachable 9.8' (3.0 m) Straight Cable
- Detachable 3.9' (1.2 m) Straight Cable
- Carrying Case
- 1/4" (6.3 mm) Screw-On Adapter
- Limited 2-Year Warranty